Saturday, September 20, 2008

is this for real?

WHAT’S UP WITH SOCIETY?

Have you heard about the famous song that’s blowing of teenager’s mind these days?

If you haven’t, try listening to his song…let’s hear out what you feel.

i kissed a girl by katy perry
This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on

I'm curious for you
Caught my attention

I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it


No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter,
You're my experimental game
Just human nature,

It's not what,
Good girls do
Not how they should behave
My head gets so confused
Hard to obey

Us girls we are so magical
Soft skin, red lips, so kissable
Hard to resist so touchable
Too good to deny it
Ain't no big deal, it's innocent


This song rocks in the melody, but sucks in the lyrics.
Yet why are we teens going nuts over it? Is this some kind of moral degradation?

i have been reading these very disturbing comments in youtube, and i was shocked how my fellow teens rate this song.


NikkiBoelsen

  • You can't be a lesbian one minute and not the next! Bisexual at least!

Gamezapp

  • "cheapest music ever. either you are straightforward and shocking or you don't do it. this its just mickey mouse stuff for teenagers. man this is sad"

gypsybabyphat212

  • "ok Katy Perry if you kissed a girl why doesn't it show in the video? that is such a stupid song i kissed a girl your not a lesbian, so why r u making such stupid song ???but on the other side i know why that song got famous because it sticks in your head n u cant stop singing! LOL its catchy"

My Verdict:

Yah, the song is really catchy. But it’s not actually cool to sing it out loud in the open, as if your way to proud with what you’re singing.

Think about it? Is the lyrics even worth memorizing? I think NO.

The song for me, reflects about the present day issue that's plaguing us teens. It's basically about the identity crisis a teenager is facing. It’s very evident to have those lesbians, gays, or bisexuals out in the open. I mean there’s nothing wrong with that preference, although in the eyes of God it’s somewhat immoral. But this is not the issue.

What I’m trying to pinpoint here, is that we should not be proud of these things. I mean, so what if Katy Perry’s saying that she liked kissing a girl? Isn't it so unethical to kiss a fellow woman just because you’re curious and experimental? Is that even considered cool?

Going back to what gypsybabyphat212 commented in youtube. I think she's right that the song only got famous because the song continues to stick in tour head that you just can't stop from singing.

Bottom-line here is that, we should not always accept what media is feeding us. We should first filter and rectify this products before sinking unto them. After all we are the victims of what we hear and receive. We should be the one demanding media of our wants and not media giving us these so called superficial needs. And so I’m raising this concern.

DO NOT ALWAYS FOLLOW THE TREND.

LOOK.

LISTEN.

WHAT'S OBVIOUS MAY NOT BE TOO APPARENT.

Is this song really worth hearing? Think again.


kim(^^,)



No comments: